Shower Gift

26 April 2012
tags: ,
by

clay jewelry bowl with turquoise and amethyst briolette earrings

I went to a wedding shower this past weekend, and ended up deciding to make the bride-to-be a pair of earrings and a small bowl to store jewelry type things in to go with them. I made the bowl using the tutorial I posted recently. This time, I used a different piece of applique lace, which I think was a perfect shape for this size bowl (4″ diameter). At first, I had planned on leaving the whole bowl white.

Lace imprint clay bowl plain white

I ended up painting the imprint a light blue – using watered down dark teal acrylic paint. I had to use a super tiny paintbrush (round 0) to get those fine lines in the lace, and I love how it turned out. I still painted a clear glaze for clay over the whole top of the bowl – which gives it a nice shine in person.

aqua lace imprint clay bowl

For the earrings, I used some turquoise and amethyst briolettes I had in my bead stash. The turquoise briolettes are about 15 mm high and the amethyst ones are tiny – only about 7 mm. I just did some wire wrapping on the top of each one and attached them and an earring hook to a short length of chain with jump rings. I love the amethyst and turquoise together! I love a coordinated set of gifts :)

clay jewelry bowl with turquoise and amethyst briolette earrings

1. 29 May 2012 6:28 AM

I made one! I didn’t use lace, I found a stamp, but your tutorial was so helpful. I’ve linked back to you!

2. 22 May 2012 5:59 PM

I lové the earrings and thé bowl.
    Gréât gift idea!!

3. 16 May 2012 7:38 AM

Thank you so much for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday, I featured this on my blog today! Come check it out and grab a featured button :)

4. 15 May 2012 10:17 AM

This is gorgeous. I’ve been wanting to try this. Thanks so much for sharing. It turned out great!
    -Brittany

5. 9 May 2012 12:08 PM

Such a great way to dress up earrings as gifts. You’re one of my featured projects this week. Thanks for linking up to Piece of Cake Party!

6. 8 May 2012 8:13 AM

Your bowl and earrings looks wonderful. I’ve been wanting to make a bowl, have the clay, just need to make it.
    Thanks for sharing at our Sunday Round Up.
    xoxo
    Heather

7. 7 May 2012 2:05 PM

That is so pretty! Love it!

8. 6 May 2012 9:48 PM

Both are gorgeous, and the lace embellishment is so beautiful. Love the color!!!! Thanks for sharing you creative inspiration at Sunday’s Best Par.tay!

9. 5 May 2012 9:10 PM

I love the color. It’s so delicate, yet beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

10. 5 May 2012 5:52 PM

So pretty and so feminine! What a special gift to receive :)

Very nice stopping by to visit with you!
    Kindly, Lorraine

11. 5 May 2012 3:34 PM

So pretty and delicate! What a nice gift. Thanks for linking up!

12. 4 May 2012 2:53 PM

What a pretty gift! I’m sure it was well appreciated.

13. 3 May 2012 6:19 PM

Thanks for linking up this cute project @CountryMommaCooks link and great party. Hope to see you again tomorrow:)

14. 3 May 2012 4:53 PM

This is gorgeous; I think I need it for myself! lol Stopping by from Giggles, Glitz, and Glam :-)

15. 3 May 2012 12:56 AM

simple and lovely, julia.

love the color, and the intricacy of the lace applique.

thank you for sharing at creative juice. i’ll be featuring your gorgeous pieces next week at my features on monday, and of course, sharing your work at pinterest.

16. 2 May 2012 3:51 PM

They are both just stunning! I love the lace embellisment on the bowl, too! So delicate and beauitful! Thanks for sharing with us!

Take care,

Trish

17. 2 May 2012 12:27 PM

Oh Julia!!! This is so so pretty!!! WOW!!

Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!!

18. 2 May 2012 9:17 AM

Gorgeous! I love the bowl and earrings, what a lucky girl!

19. 1 May 2012 11:55 PM

This is absolutely gorgeous!! Nice job. I would love it if you linked up this project at the Take it on Tuesday blog hop!!

20. 1 May 2012 11:36 PM

Wonderful! I love little jewelry bowls and I think I have more of them than I do jewelry! :)

I would love it if you would link up at Watch Out, Martha!’s first link up party: Martha Mondays on May 7th! Hope to see you there! (www.watchoutmartha.net )

21. 1 May 2012 8:06 PM

Those look wonderful! Love them! Thanks for sharing at Pin It and Win It Wednesday @ http://www.cheapcraftymama.com!

22. 1 May 2012 6:05 PM

Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up your project to Mauvin’ Monday! When you get a chance, don’t forget to stop by and share your Twitter account on the new Tweet Leap!

Cheers,
    Jessica

23. 30 April 2012 11:11 PM

This is such a cute idea!! Thanks for sharing. We loved having you at our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday!” Hope you’ll be back soon!! -The Sisters

24. 30 April 2012 11:05 PM

This is so beautiful!
    I’d love if you’d come link up at my Tutorial Tuesday over at Our Thrifty Ideas that just went up. http://www.ourthriftyideas.com/2012/04/tutorial-tuesday-5.html
    ReplyDelete

25. 30 April 2012 12:17 PM

I’ve been making little bowls like these for Mother’s Day and Teacher Appreciation gifts all weekend using my late grandmother’s handmade doilies that she left me. I love the addition of the handmade earrings! Beautiful gift that anybody would treasure.

26. 30 April 2012 10:02 AM

Such a pretty gift set, the bowl looks amazing

27. 30 April 2012 2:55 AM

These are gorgeous, I love the lace pattern and that colour!

28. kaysiscrafts permalink
    29 April 2012 9:31 PM

Beautiful!

29. 29 April 2012 8:47 PM

That jewelry bowl is precious – we can picture it on the bedside table acting as the perfect spot for the bride to be to place her ring in at night!

We’d love to see this post linked up at our Beautify It Monday link party open now!

-Four Sisters
    BringingBeauty@blogspot.com

30. 29 April 2012 5:47 PM

This is really such a neat gift! I LOVE those earrings! The two colors together really compliment each other and the small bowl is just perfect:)

31. Kelsey @ Tattered and Inked permalink
    27 April 2012 8:01 PM

So pretty! Love the bowl and those gorgeous earrings- I bet they were a hit at the shower :) Found you over at Tatertots and Jello!

Trackbacks